5 Reasons to Have Olive Oil in Your Kitchen
Olive oil is considered as the healthiest oil on the planet due to a wide array of health benefits it provides. It’s an important component of the Mediterranean diet, dubbed as the best dietary pattern recommended by healthcare providers worldwide. Although olive oil provides an abundance of health benefits for older adults, the following five examples are set to inspire you to start using it (in case you already don’t).
1) The journal Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics published results of the study which showed that olive oil is extremely beneficial for the elderly. More precisely, the oil decreases levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, while it helps increase HDL (good cholesterol).
2) The journal Diabetes Care published findings of the study which discovered that a Mediterranean-style diet characteristic for the consumption of olive oil reduces the risk of Type 2 diabetes by almost 50%. Plus, this dietary pattern helps manage insulin levels in individuals who already have diabetes.
3) Older individuals who consume olive oil have decreased chances of getting a stroke, according to a study published in the journal Neurology.
4) Olive oil keeps the heart young due to the fact it improves the arterial function in older adults, thus preventing various heart problems.
5) Multiple studies have confirmed that extra virgin olive oil has a tremendous potential to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and the cognitive decline. Olive oil is abundant in antioxidants that destroy free radicals and prevent oxidative damage as well as its negative consequences.
“And with the sprig of a fruited olive man is purified in extreme health,” Virgil’s well-known quote from Aeneid proves to be 100% accurate.
Approximately 85% of the Australian population reside on the coast,...
Over 50s resorts are growing in popularity as a living...
A step forward for potential residents…