Dr Doug's Golden Paste Recipe
Golden Paste video – https://fb.watch/b49Eguh0yV/
- 1/2 cup (125ml/65-70g) turmeric powder
- 1 cup water (250ml) plus 1 cup of water, extra in reserve, if needed
- 1/3 cup (70ml) coconut oil (use raw, unrefined, cold-pressed) OR substitute with linseed oil (flaxseed) OR olive oil (use virgin/extra virgin)
- 2-3 tspns freshly cracked black pepper
Omit the pepper if you cannot tolerate it. The absorption of turmeric will still be improved by cooking it and adding oil, but it will be less effective without the pepper. And add cinnamon for flavour.
- Bring the turmeric and water to a boil in a saucepan, then lower heat and simmer until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes, and you may need to add the extra water along the way for good consistency.
- Add the freshly cracked pepper and oil AFTER cooking, when it has been removed from heat and cooled down (still warm to touch but not burning), about 10 minutes later.
- Stir in well to mix the oil in everywhere, and allow it to cool again (if coconut oil is hard, it should melt in the mixture).